Re: make menuconfig (potato)

On Sat, 29 May 1999, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> Why are the menuconfig boxes now shown with ascii characters (*, |,
> etc.) instead of real lines as in earlier versions?

What's your TERM environment variable set to? On my system, if it's
"linux", "rxvt", or "xterm-debian" it uses color and lines. "vt100" goves
lines but no color. "xterm" gives ASCII chars and no color.

The default for a console should be "linux". For an Xterm from the deb
package, it should be "xterm-debian". For an rxvt, it should be "rxvt".