Re: Non-X11 jpeg viewer desired

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Dan Smith wrote:
> Hi.  Is there a package in Debian to view jpegs which
> does NOT use X11, GNOME or any other stuff like that?
> Please send replies to me directly, rather than to the
> list.  Thanx
Dan

zgv displays jpeg and gif files, perhpas other formats.

zgv is available in potato as
   .../dists/potato/main/binary-i386/graphics/zgv_3.1-1.deb
and in slink as
   .../dists/slink/main/binary-i386/graphics/zgv_3.0-4.deb

zgv requires svgalib. You have to set values for your monitor in
/etc/vga/libvga.config. I had to set the config to force vga,
inspite the the allegation that that my chip (tvga 9400) is
supported.

Please read the documentation.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
		(Hope this qualifies.)