Re: MPEG-3

I've also found the source to 8hz-mp3 (see the cd recording howto).
bladeenc is a little slower than 8hz-mp3, but maybe gives higher
quality.  The bladeenc site indicates that they are fighting patent
infringments so it might disappear soon, thou he is optimistic that
swedish patent laws might protect him.  I hope so because it sounds
like the next version (if there is one) will go GPL.  BTW stampede has
the source to 8hz-mp3 on their site as well.

> |   Damien Love    -     dml@quasar.apana.org.au
> -     ICQ 7896025    |
> |                  "This orb explains everything."
> Quark                  |