SV: HELP!!!

Hi Kyle
Im a newbie too! I've got almost the same problem as you do. But: are you
installing from a CD? You might want to try specifying the path to the cd
when using the dselect command.
There seems (from my limited experience w/ dos and Linux) to be a problem w/
the partition table, some little flag or toggle must have gone wrong. I
tried a couple of times before it worked. If you still have a dos/windows
section (partition) on your harddisk, you should have three: one which is
dos (usually /dev/hda1) and two for Linux: a file system partition (e.g.
/dev/hda2) (which is where you store your stuff) and a swap partition (e.g.
/dev/hda3). This is the way it worked for me. (I had to install the thing
from the dos partition, since the machine aint got no cd-drive).
>From what I can gather from various sources of information, though I haven't
gotten as far as to installing the lot, it seems that linux is really "just"
a unix-like os, and if you want a graphical interface, you have to install
it. I believe it's called X-windows or just X. There is supposed to be both
win and mac emulators out there too.