Re: Debian hardware vendors

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 12:23 (-0400), Judith Elaine Bush wrote:

> Does anyone know of a list of hardware vendors who are experienced in
> installing Debian into the systems they package? Has anyone had good
> experience they'd like to share? My recent experience has been so-so,

http://www.KachinaTech.com/

We bought 10 workstations from these folks and have been happy with
them. One of the primary reasons we chose Kachina was that they
specifically support Debian. They pre-installed the stable version
of Debian to our specifications (I emailed them the output of
'dpkg --get-selections' from one of our "standard" workstations) and we
pretty much just plugged them in and turned them on when they arrived.

Having said all that, I just visited their website and there's no
indication that they're still in the business of selling boxes. Dunno if
it's poor website design or if they've changed direction.

Luck,
Pann
--
Pann McCuaig          pann@ssc.com       PO Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155
Technical Manager                          Phone: (206) 782-7733 ext 122