Re: pdf: printing multiple pages on a single sheet - how?

	Subject: pdf: printing multiple pages on a single sheet - how?
	Date: Fri, May 28, 1999 at 12:59:00PM +0930

Quoting Mark Phillips(mark@ist.flinders.edu.au):
> Hi,
>
> To reduce the amount of printing I must do, I want to print two A4
> pages of a pdf document on a single A4 sheet --- or even better, reduce 4
> A4 pages down so that it can print on a single sheet.
>
> Is there any software to do this?
>
> (Could you please cc any replies directly to me as I am currently not
> subscribed to debian-user.)

Using gv to view the doc I use a2ps -2 or -4 to print the doc instead
of lrp.  Enscript would work also.  I also print to both sides of the
sheet by saving odd and even pages to files and then using a2ps to
print, first the odd and then the even files.  That saves a 'lot' of
paper 140 pages on 35 sheets of paper.

HTH, YMMV, HAND

--
Weinberg's Second Law:
 If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs,