cdrecord - and VideoCDs ?(and/or .bin/.cue CDs)

anyone know if its possible(and if so, how?) to record a videoCD (mode2)
with cdrecord,  or any other burning software in linux?  I tried
converting a .bin/.cue using binchunker to .iso and tried to burn it,
burned fine..no errors..but when i went to access it (in win9x) the cd was
blank.  I was using cdrecord 1.6 with XCDRoast.  upgraded to 1.8a22 of
cdrecord and it has a -dao option maybe that would work? i'm not sure.
i'm contemplating plugging in an ide drive and just installing win9x to
burn these cds..then wiping it out. or re partitioning my scsi drives.  i
read that CDRWin works in wine ..but i couldn't get it working.  I think
my system is too slow(P200MMX/32MB) i had wine working last
year(P233MMX/128MB) but now i cant even get CALC.EXE to run without a
timeout error.  i think i'm gonna take o ut 64MB of ram from my win box
and slap it into my linux box. that should speed it up enough.

any ideas? tia.

nate
aphro@aphroland.org