Re: [ILUG] Lexmark is less than helpful : <

> I especially like the 'Best regards,' bit. Rather Ironic, I think. On a related
> note, does any one have any experience with attempting to get this printer to
> work from Linux? I'd have thought that 'a printer was a printer, was a printer'

In theory, they should be... sadly, a lot of hardware these days is
being
tampered with to make it work with specific operating systems... no
prizes
for guessing which ones. First modems, then cablemodems, now printers...

Anyway, there is a project to produce drivers for such printers, but I'm
not sure whether they've addressed this particular one yet. The only
relevant mention I can find wasn't successful, sadly.

http://www.linuxhardware.net/cgi-bin/view.cgi?1999-05-22_20:22:37

Vin