Re: OFFTOPIC: How about a /dev/clipboard ?

John Hasler wrote:
> Brian Boonstra writes:
> > For what it's worth, my OpenStep machine at work has command line
> > directives "copy" and "paste", so you can do things like
>
> > paste | wc
>
> > or
>
> >cat myfile.txt | copy
>
> A fairly simple script, if I understand you correctly.

	I'm not really sure.  You can copy something from (say) a word
processor using the mouse selection and Alt-C.  And then you can paste it as
shown above.  So unless a script language knows how to access the Display
Postscript clipboard, I assume there would have to be some nontrivial C in
there.

		- Brian