java

To whom it may concern or interest

I opted for Debian for the same reason (okay, even more so) that I decided
some time ago to try programming in java.  (I'm not a professional
programmer, it's for my own amusement and for an amateur(ish) website.)
Guavac seems to work, but I'm writing things blind.  Do I have to have
Netscape on my limited partition to see what it looks like?  dselect
suggests a jvm but doesn't offer one.  Up to now (on win95) I have on
principle made sacrifices to use Sun/Netscape products that lagged far
behind M$ compilers and browsers.  Is there no end to this?

David