Re: dbootstrap and non-interactive install

Fabien wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I want to make a personnalisated installation of debian, like we can do
> with the kickstart in redhat.
> Is there something similar to this in debian ?
>
> Maybe I have to use dbootstrap.
> But where is the source ??
> I cant't find it anywhere in packages listing...

Also, I don't manage to see which program launch it.

this is what I done :

1.cp /floppy/root.bin /tmp/
2.gzip -d -S .bin  root.bin)
3.dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ram0 count=4000
4.dd if=/tmp/root of=/dev/ram0
5.mount /dev/ram0 /mnt

Now, I have all the filesystem that will be mount in ram for the
installation.

I can see that inittab will call /etc/init.d/rcS, this one lauch
/sbin/unconfigured.sh that reboot the system

But I can see that in /root/profiles are defined the differents
profiles.

Well I need some complementals informations to understand all...

Thanks again.

Fabien