Re: apt-get: did not finish the job?

"Keith G. Murphy" wrote:

> Johann Spies at Johann wrote:
> >
> > Last night I installed libc6_2.1.1-7 and potato's xcdroast using apt-get
> > on my hamm system. During the process the ncurses package was also
> > upgraded.
> >
> > Today when I ran "make menuconfig" in my kernel-source tree I get the
> > following error message:
> >
> [cut]
>
> Exactly the same thing has been happening to me.  I have upgraded
> several packages using apt-get.  I do not know at what point ncurses
> broke.

Hmmm.  After upgrading to ncurses4-dev and kernel-2.0.36-source (was
using 2.0.34 source tree when the error occurred), the problem has gone
away.  :-/

I notice you're on hamm, Johann: sounds like an incompatibility between
2.0.34 source and a newer ncurses package...  Why don't you just try
2.0.36?