NIS-Problems

Hi List!
i've got two compis running potato. one of them i set up as nis server. after
some starting trouble i now can log into the doing authentication via NIS. Then
i wanted to add me to group staff. so i logged into the server as root and did
an adduser trapstep staff. then i went into /var/yp and typed make to rebuild
the NIS maps. that works, but after building new maps, i could no more login via
NIS without changing my password first. is this supposed to be so? (i don't
want to change all users passwords just because i added one to a group...
 --
If you wanna contact me for any reason, do it! You'll reach me at:

fortune of the day:
When speculation has done its worst, two plus two still equals four.
		-- S. Johnson