Re: Replacement for Netscape

->   Even as a work station linux works fine on 486 hardware. Your basing your
-> argument on what you view as a "workstation." Howeve, without X a
-> 486/66 does fine depending on it's purpose. You certainly don't need
-> pentium power to run vi, lynx, and elm. What else do you need? :> While
-> I didn't try it, I'm guessing a 486 could be used as a slow, but viable,
-> devel system also.

I am running slink on 5x86/100, 32 megs of RAM and I quite like it. I'd like
to have 48 megs just because I run samba and NFS and wannna to have some
services on it. I use netscape (4.6 now) and i had staroffice installed but
i removed it cause i didn't like it...

Now, the only one problem I have is - i can't play mp3's ;)

so imho, a 486 is enough to have quite fast workstation. linux doesn't eat
so much system resources as windows crap does.
having fast system is still good ... but the CPU isn't the main problem, the
memory is
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at Telenor Internet Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz