Re: mpeg movies with sound?

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Robert Ramiega wrote:

>   Hi!
>  Can someone point me to package that could play mpeg movies with sound?
> (xanim says it doesn't know this format and mpeg_play plays it without sound)

A while back i was looking for the same thing. Couldn't find anything
useful in Debian, unfortunately. i did find a prog called Mpeg TV Player,
they even have debs available. The command line player is free [beer] for
"personal, educational and non-profit use only", the X control panel is
shareware for Linux/FreeBSD under the same conditions.

The reason it's not in Debian is because it doesn't meet the DFSG, of
course.

http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/1998/05/11/894920863.html for a link to
the website.

Hopefully someone else knows of a more free player that supports sound!