RE: Replacement for Netscape

My original reason for switching to Linux was that my poor old box (HANK
r.i.p) was only a 486SX33 with 8MB of RAM. I ran X and Netscape on it with
no problem. It took time for it to start up Netscape and such apps, but once
started the ran with problem.

Now I have a P166 overclocked to 200Mhz running Kernel 2.2.7 and with 64MB
RAM. It runs great. I would suggest running a 2.2.X kernel if your not. I
noticed a real improvement in speed from 2.0.36 to the 2.2.x kernels. I'm
not a kernel hack so I don't know why it does or how being that the bogomips
remain the same but there is a very significant increase in speed. You'll
notice it on boot.

Rod...