piping text from command into X selection (cut and paste) buffer

I deleted the original post from someone who asked about the existence
of such a utility. Anyway, I have always wished I had such a utility
myself so I determined to write one. I used Qt to write it since I'm not
versed in low-level X programming. I'm including the code and will send
a binary to anyone who doesn't want to compile it themselves (and who
wants a glibc2/qt1.42 version).

The compile command is in the comments. You'll need to run this before
the compile command:

moc read2clip.cpp > meta-code.cpp

Cheers,

--