apache-ssl -- was Potatoe - usable ?

>  > (apache-ssl still won't start, don't ask why, I don't have time to
>  > investigate anyway =P )
>
> Apache-ssl works here, but NS won't interact well with it, due to keys
> or similar.  (I also haven't had time to look into it.)  Lynx-ssl works
> fine with it, so far.

I had the same problem with NS (4.6).  The problem was apparently the
certificate created when I configured apache the first time.  Found the
following at http://www.apache-ssl.org

----

Step one - create the key and request:

  ssleay req -new > new.cert.csr

Step two - remove the passphrase from the key (optional):

  ssleay rsa -in privkey.pem -out new.cert.key

Step three - convert request into signed cert:

   ssleay x509 -in new.cert.csr -out new.cert.cert -req -signkey
new.cert.key -days 365

------

On my system I had to replace ssleay with a different command -- openssl, I
believe.  Once I updated the name of the cert and key file in httpd.conf
netscape worked fine.

Justin