Re: Potatoe - usable ?

> Patrick Colbeck wrote:

> > So what the consensus of opinion, is potatoe usable at the moment ? I
> > dont mind some problems but is it reasonably stable ?

> i upgraded from slink to potato (via dselect/apt-get) an my system
runs
> suficciently well. ther was some trouble during reboot, can't realy
rememer
> what. had to run in single user mode, recompile and reinstall a new
kernel
> (2.2.7.), then tings worked. there are still some minor problems i
havent
> traced.

Potato, as compared to slink, is 2.2.x based, and some packages had to
be changed accordingly. I'd think that once changed, those package
break 2.0.x 'compliance' in some way. (Though maybe not making it
completely unusable)

As fot the original question: I've been using potato since slink was
released, and it's just perfect so far. A few glitches (apache-ssl
still won't start, don't ask why, I don't have time to investigate
anyway =P ) but I still can praise linux for its stability over windows ;)

Christian Lavoie
clavoie@enter-net.com
UIN: 947212