DHCP and Samba

First off, thanks for everyone who helped me find dhcpc.  That plus the
mini-HOWTO was enough to get my Debian box working with my office network.

Unfortunately, I had to go back to a static ip address, because dchpc and
samba aren't cooperating.  If I use a static ip address, I can browse the
Debian box from Windows using the "find computer" command, and I can connect
to apache by using the url http://markw_debian/ (where "markw_debian" is the
name in the /etc/hosts file).

When I install the dhcpc package, this no longer works.  I assume that nmbd
is returning the wrong ip address in response to netbios name requests.  Any
idea why this is happening, and what I can do to fix this?

Mark.
---
Mark Wright
mwright@pro-ns.net