Re: Makefile and -rpath

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 08:17:55 -0500, Ian Keith Setford wrote:
> I would like to use an rpath command in a Makefile but I haven't figured
> out how to include it. Can anyone help?

That's a fairly vague question; it depends on the makefile. E.g.
foo:	foo.o
	ld -rpath=/opt/sybase/lib -o foo foo.o -lasybaselib
is one way to include it.

> I need this: -rpath=/opt/sybase/lib

If the makefile uses "gcc" or "g++" to do the linking, you can add
-Wl,-rpath=/opt/sybase/lib to the compiler flags (typically CFLAGS or
CXXFLAGS); see "info egcs invoking link".

HTH,
Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking