Re: DHCP and debian

> > our DHCP server to assign it's ip-address, DNS servers, netmask, etc.
Is
> > this possible?
> >

> Yes and exceptionally easy.  Get the dhcpcd package (the beta for 2.2
kernels).

   I have a question cencerning dhcp. Been running debian for about a month
or so. I am using a cable modem to access the net. When I first installed
dhcpcd (and now dhcpcd-sv) I only had one ethernet card installed. No
problems. Now I am using two, and even though they seem to be detected
correctly, and the modules being loaded, dhcpcd no longer detects my ip
address, and I cannot access the internet. I've checked my dhcpcd.conf and
it is set for eth0, which is the card that I have hooked to the cable modem.
If anyone has any ideas of what I can do to possibly troubleshoot this, I
would appreciate it.
  I do know that everything is working correctly, because my network is
functioning fine under Windows. This is one of the last reasons that I even
have win installed, other than some games, and I definately want to correct
it.