Re: help: clock resets on reboot

John Foster wrote:

> Most modern Motherboards have a small rechargeable battery on them that
> hold enough power to keep the hardware clock set to the correct time,
> when the system is powered off. It appears that your battery is
> degrading and may need to be replaced.

But it's right when it boots:  if I hit F1 and check in the CMOS before lilo loads,
the clock is accurate.  If I go into Windows through lilo, the clock is accurate
there.  But when I load a linux kernel, it gets reset.  (rebuilding a kernel from
scratch is on my list of things to do today now.)  That's why I didn't think initally
that it was the battery.  Would a dying battery cause this kind of behavior?

TIA,

Rob

--
"Keyboard not detected.  Press F4 to reboot."