help: clock resets on reboot

My clock resets when I reboot, pretty much at random.  Doesn't matter how long
it's been off; when I check in the CMOS before it boots, it's still right.  But
sometime between when lilo loads and I get a login prompt, it sets, pretty much
at random.  date and hwclock agree, but they're wrong.  Sometimes it's back half
an hour; sometimes it's a couple of hours; once it went to march 1997.  Never
goes forward.  This never happened before a couple of weeks ago.  I have no
idea.  Does anybody?

Rob

--
"Keyboard not detected.  Press F4 to reboot."