Re: adding local TeX sty files

* Max  <maxk@chinook.stanford.edu> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> If I wanted to add my local teTeX sty files, where on the system is
> the proper Debian place to put them?  For example, I would like to add
> figdef.sty which doesn't come with the distribution.  Do I need to
> make any configuration file changes?

Check out
  /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf

In there, it says:
| % A place for local additions to a "standard" texmf tree.  For example:
| TEXMFLOCAL = /usr/lib/texmf/local

This directory is a link to /usr/local/lib/texmf. There, you should
create a similar directory hierarchy as in the global texmf tree.

For further information, read
  /usr/doc/texmf/help/tds.dvi.gz
about the TeX Directory Structure.
(Also at ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/tds/draft-standard or, at
your side of the Atlantic, www.tug.org)

Cheers,
  Colin

--