Re: Diamond Viper 550

Armin Wegner <wegner@ldv35.uni-trier.de> writes:
| I will get a Diamond Viper 550 graphics card, soon. Which is the best
| Xserver for it? Which X version do you recommend?

The V550 is based on the nVidia TNT chip. You'll need to get XFree86
3.3.3, or better, in order to use it. Unfortunately Debian 2.1 doesn't
include a new enough version for your purposes. You'll want to install
Debian 2.1 (aka slink) and then install a newer version of xfree86
from:

http://ftp.netgod.net/x

You can do this somewhat automatically by using apt and adding:

deb http://ftp.netgod.net/ x/

to your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

Good Luck,
Gary