Re: DHCP and debian

On Mon, 24 May 1999 14:14:12 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm adding a debian workstation to our Windows network, and I'd like to use
>our DHCP server to assign it's ip-address, DNS servers, netmask, etc.  Is
>this possible?

That actually should be no problem at all. However, I did not try it
yet.

You might want to take a look into RedHat's init scripts that do DHCP.
When I tried out RedHat a few weeks ago, I was impressed that RedHat
not only accepted the IP number offered by DHCP but also did a reverse
DNS lookup and set the host name to what was stored in the DNS.
However, I was not able to actually understand these scripts.

Doing stuff like that should be possible with Debian too.

Greetings
Marc