fetchmail: SMTP< 552 Header line is ridiculously overlong

Hello,

recently, fetchmail refused to fetch and deliver a particular message,
claiming it got an SMTP error (from exim). Upon switching it to verbose, I
found the error message is:
  fetchmail: SMTP< 552 Header line is ridiculously overlong

I can go read it manually from the POP server, but is there anything I
could do to help avoid such trouble in the future?

(Other than unsubscribe from debian-security-announce, of course.)

TIA

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently