Re: laptop netconfig

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 02:07:19PM -0500, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
> I don't know if anyone's come up with a slick way to do this. I too would like to have such a thing at my disposal. You might be able to do something like this by just running dhcp and then checking to see if dhcp succeeded in getting an address and starting diald if it didn't.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Justin Hagemeier wrote:
>
> > I have a laptop with three possible network configurations that I would like to use.
> >         1. Ethernet 10 Mbps DHCP-sv
> >         2. PPP daild
> >         3. None at all
> > is there any suggestions on tools for configuration techniques for this kind of setup. It looks as if I could do it if one of the init.d scripts sniffed out the PCMCIA to see if there where activity, then if there was not it would start daild instead of DHCP.  I have no idea where to begin on such a thing though.  Any thoughts?
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Justin
>
> --
> Jens B. Jorgensen
> jjorgens@bdsinc.com
>

> --

Well I sort of do this allready I have a laptop that has the Potato distro on it, I use both ethernet and ppp,
I am using the DHCP client in potato and it works great; if there is no ethernet connection, then no IP is assigned
to the eth0 interface, essentially no route. I just use PPP normaly.
--
*--* Mail: lawrence@otak-k.com
*--* Voice: 425.739.4247