Re: laptop netconfig

Since the ethernet driver will detect carrier on the ethernet if you could detect the error correctly you'd be able to know if the ethernet was hooked up. Trying to send a packet is easy. Trapping the error correctly may be the hard part. If the kernel would log such a message then you could just monitor the log. This is a kind of
braindead approach but may be the least intrusive and easiest.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com