Re: fetchmail problems

	Subject: Re: fetchmail problems
	Date: Thu, May 20, 1999 at 11:17:01AM -0500

Quoting Matt Garman(garman@murphy.debian.org):
> On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 09:10:03AM -0500, Marc Mongeon wrote:
> > Make sure you have a line like this in your /etc/exim.conf:
> >
> > local_domains = localhost
>
> Yup, I have that in my /etc/exim.conf
>

> > And one like this in your /etc/hosts:
> >
> > 127.0.0.1		localhost
>
> Mine actually looks like the following:
>
> 127.0.0.1	loopback localhost
>
> ...but that shouldn't make a difference, right?

Matt

  Here is something I have in my log files about your problem.
Configuring exim:
I "finally!" got the beast to work.  I have
a suggestion for how to install it.  When the install script starts
give it the following answers:

Question #              Answer
1.                              Your HOME network.domain
2                               none
3                               none
4                               none
5                               No Filter
6                               Your.ISP's.domain.name
7                               Any user (I made one called boss)
8                               Yes - Replace /etc/aliases  ( after
                                you have the #7 already created)
Then go into the /etc/exim.conf and check the following:

qualify_domain = Your Home.domain
local_domains = localhost          # This made it deliver mail from
                                     the ISP to me.

HTH

--
There are two ways to write error-free programs.  Only the third one works.
Wayne T. Topa <wtopa@mindspring.com>