Re: netscape menubar black&white

Judith Elaine Bush wrote:

> *- On 23 May, Fethi A. Okyar wrote about "netscape menubar
> black&white"
> Brian Servis <servis@purdue.edu> replied:
>
> > Don't run your X server in 24bpp mode.  Netscape has a known problem
> > with 24bpp, use 16bpp or 32bpp.
>
> Other than the icons being in b&w (and i like the reduced visual
> clutter) is there any other reason you shouldn't run Netscape under
I have it running in 24bpp and the only thing I have noticed is it
crashes on some play requests for some animated scripts. esp shockwave.
I suspect that is because of the depth setting, BUT that is only a
suspicion. Anyone else have any ideas about this? I just have not had
the time to reconfigure the xserver, to see if that fixes it
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems