Re: mail clients

>> "SP" == Stephen Pitts <smpitts@midsouth.rr.com> writes:

SP> Windows is designed for the causal user. That's great,
SP> initially. There is no learning curve,

Hahahahahahah.

Sorry. I work parttime on phone support to pay for my studies. I can
assure you, that a current Linux is no more complicated to learn than
Windows, when the user is new to computers.

"I just got your CD. What do I do now?" - "Well, you put it in your CD
drive and start setup from the CD." - "How do I do this?"

Set someone (a relative or such) infront of windows 95 and tell them
to copy a file a textfile you have on the harddisk to a floppy. They
won't be able to do this. So far about "no learning curve".

Also users comming from Windows 3.1 can't use Windows95
initially. They have to learn *much* as well, as many things
changed. I also casually spek to them. Therefore you often still find
windows3.11 at work (at least here), even on new computers. It is
sufficient, it is what the employees know, the sysadmins know the
quirks of the different software acting together (win + lotus +
whatever), and you don't have to spend a huge amount of money to
teach them a new windows.

If you take a person, who isn't spoilt by windows paradigmen, and give
hin/her a current Linux distribution, they won't have more problems
using it than windows. But they have to have someone to ask
questions. They will do this when then install windows as well.

Hmm, quite off topic now.

Ciao,
	Martin