Re: setting up a news server

Matt Garman wrote:
> I want to set up a NNTP server for reading Usenet news offline.  I was
> reading in the ISP-Hookup-HOWTO about some possible solutions,
> CNews+NewsX or CNews+suck or Leafnode...  I see Debian has these all
> packaged.
>
> My question is: which setup is typically the easiest to setup and get
> running?  I don't need anything too fancy except the ability to read
> from more than one server (e.g. my ISP's news server and my school's
> news server).  Also, my school's server needs to be sent a login and
> password before I can access it.

Slrnpull which someone suggested it out because it cannot handle multiple
upstream news servers. I'm sure that cnews can, but it's a full-fledged news
server and isn't very easy to set up. That leaves leafnode, which supports
multiple upstream servers, passwords, and is designed to be easy to use, and
to require no maintanance.

--
see shy jo