printers

|>     Hi debian users,
|>     I have three printers here:
|>     1) Canon BJC-4100 Color
|>     2) HP LaserJet IIP plus
|>     3) Epson LX-300.
|> Anyone here using anyone of these printers under Debian can help me?

I thought I had responded to your first post yesterday, but the message
seems to have disappeared somewhere.

I use an HP LaserJet IIP under Debian (slink, 2.1) with no
problems. The setup is very simple though. Mostly I use TeX and then
use dvilj to convert the .DVI files to PCL files. These can then be
printed simply with lpr. That is:

      % tex foo
      % dvilj foo.dvi
      % lpr foo.lj

Inside emacs, you can run the last two commands in one step with the
tex-print command (usually bound to Ctl-c Crl-p).

For non-TeX sources, I use Ghostscript with the option:

     -sDEVICE=ljet2p

Not sophisticated, but it works without a problem,

Jim