Re: mail clients

On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 10:01:10PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 1999, Stephen Pitts wrote:
>
> > Why not just have multiple instances of Communicator? It sounds to me
> > like you've become so attached to this particular piece of software
> > that you believe that you can't work any other way. Don't yell, I'm
> > not responsible for your problems. In the past, Linux users faced
> > with a problem have programmed around it. Thus, we have a dozen
> > different window managers and a dozen different mail clients. But,
> > now, we are faced with a new group of users that whine all day
> > long, but don't lift a finger to solve the problem. What a shame!
> > --
> > Stephen Pitts
> > smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
> > webmaster - http://www.mschess.org
>
> xfmail handles multiple pop3 accounts at the same time. I just tried that
> mahogany program ... caused me to loose about 2000 old messages ... gone,
> evaporated, dead.
>
> It does not work well with any large mailboxes.

I tried TKMail a while back and I then realized how fast mutt opens
my 2000 message mailing list folders. Oh, well, good luck at finding
an email program that fits your needs. BTW, you can run programs as
multiple users in one X session. Just do an "xhost +" in an xterm
as the user that started the X server. Then use "su username" to
switch to another user. Finally, run the mail program as another
user. That might be the best bet for your situation.