Re: mail clients

On 22 May 99, at 19:03,  Steve Lamb
 wrote about Re: mail clients:

[snipped to conserve bandwidth]

>     A perfect example of this is PMMail98 on OS/2 & Windows.  Yeah, I know,
> Windows, GUI, ick.  But my point is not the GUI, not the mouse, not the
> keyboard, not the look but the underlying logic of how it handles seperate
> accounts as completely seperate entities within a single application.

Have you tried running this under Wine? That's probably what I'm
going to end up doing, except that I run Pegasus, not PMmail98. I've
heard reports that Pegasus runs fine under wine (although I haven't
heard anything about the latest revision which includes IMAP). I
haven't tried it yet for a number of reasons - I was hoping to find a
'nix client that would match it in functionality - but so far no luck
:(

Note that _if_ it does run *completely* under wine then it would give
you the functionality you need/want.

[snipped to conserve bandwidth]

TTFN
==============================
   Jan M.        -  mailto:jancm@bigfoot.com

   PGP key mailto:jancm@bigfoot.com?Subject=send%20pgp%20key
       Fingerprint:397D 093C E802 964E  5316 B90A 93CE 6696

Thought for the day:
    People make their own history, but they do not make it just as
    they please; they do not make it under circumstances chosen by
    themselves, but under circumstances directly encountered, given
    and transmitted from the past. The tradition of all the dead
    generations weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living.
            -- Karl Marx