RE: Sound blaster 16 pnp

I had the same thing happen.  I ended up having to check my i/o, irq. and
dma(s) for my system to get what was free.  Here is what I did, I have no
idea if its correct but it works.

isapnp with whatever conf file pnp came up with.
modprobe sound
insmod uart401 (in reality this probably isn't needed)
insmod sb io=0x240 irq=10 dma=3 dma16=7 mpu_io=0x300
insmod opl3 io=0x388

All of the setting are specfic to my box.  I had to rearrange a network card
to free up space that the sound card wanted.  There is a dos program to
configure the sb16 (sorry I have no clue where I found it, I can try to find
it again, probable still sitting on my system).  I did notice that Linux
didn't report all of the used irq's (video being one of them, noticed that
by mistake, irq 5).  Hope this helps.

--Dano