[serge.francois@wanadoo.fr: Intallation of the packages]

FYI

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince@IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |
| 74 a3 53 cc 0b 19 - we did it!          |    Generation @           |
#"Plim glorkle pegram ut replat, trull gen ris clanter froat veb nup lamerack
# gla smurp Erdlinge." -- Douglas R. Hofstadter, "Metamagicum"
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Sir,

   I have bought few days ago the official Debian's distribution. I
made my choice on Debian for its reputation of stability and of its
system of packaging.

   The Installation went without difficulties until I reach the point
of the installation of the different packages. All the basic system is
install, Linux tart very well, I can mounted the cd-ROM and the floppy
disk, but I don't arrive to install the packages I have selected with
dselect.

  In dselect after to select the mode multi-cd, dselect ask me some
question that I don't know to answer.

   I need a very precise explanation of the installation of the
packages in multi-cd mode, step by step, and more precisely the
answers to the questions.

   I have to say, that the book which comes with the distribution is
of very little help. Some very important information aren't notice and
for the installation of the packages almost nothing is tell.

   I hesitate between the suze and the debian distribution, but now
I'm not too far to think that I made a mistake. I come from the DOS
and Windows world, and I know nothing about Unix, before I bought a
distribution of Linux I didn't imagine that it would be necessary to
mount a disk to read it. I tell this last point only to explain my
level of knowledge.

Thanck you to answer,

Serge

serge.francois@wanadoo.fr