Re: New install question

John Hagemann wrote:

> I have downloaded and installed slink on an old pentium 60 with and isa
> ethernet card to use as a proxy.
> The problem I have is I cannot get the driver loaded for my ethernet card
> (SMC Elite)
>
> The installation goes well and I can run linux, but cannot get my ethernet
> card configured.
If you installed from a floppy disk or DOS drive and your ethernet card
was not listed in the modules install section, you will need to compile
a new kernel with the correct card selected and compiled as a module or
into the kernel, your choice. For a proxy server I would compile it into
the kernel and eliminate as many other kernel additions as possible, by
making all other  really necessary items as modules.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems