Re: problem with my system includes

On 21-May-99 Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> P> ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 asm
> P> ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux linux
> P> ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/scsi scsi
> P> ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/net net
>
> No. Debian stopped doing this for long. And with the 2.2 kernels,
> Linus officially blessed this practise. We have headers of a well
> known kernel in /usr/include, not the one you currently build your
> kernel with.
>
> You will note that the README in the kernel source doesn't tell you
> any more to do these links.

I noticed that as soon as I installed my first 2.2.x kernel, but I thought it
might be an error and was afraid to ask.

> See /usr/doc/libc6/FAQ.Debian.gz
>
> There you will also find a fixe for your problem with compiling the
> vmware drivers.

I only have 64MB RAM, and it seems that was my problem.  VMware was
installing Win95 , but very slowly.

Am I correct in assuming that I no longer even need /usr/include/linux
/usr/include/net /usr/include/scsi and /usr/include/asm ?

After I did those links, the VMware compaints about my includes were gone.

--
Andrew