Re: are the 2.2.x kernels for SMP systems only?

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> That is why I am a proponent of the debian-newbie list  :)
> Newbies helping newbies without seeming to be asking too many questions.

The problem with a newbie list are:

1. People are going to need to subscribe to both lists if they are going
to help the newbies.

2. The newbies are going to have to subscribe to both lists if they ever
want to advance past newbie stuff.

So it is a waste of time and effort since everyone will be subscribed to
both lists anyway. Why not just have one list? The current break between
developer and user are just fine.