CFS has died

Hi all,

I recently noticed a problem with CFS (the cryptographic file system) on
my machine. It no longer mounts the /crypt directory, and as a result, I
can't use it (even tho cfsd is running).

I don't know exactly when this happened, but it was sometime after I
went from a 2.0.36 to a 2.2.5 kernel. I'm now using 2.2.9 and it's no
different. I don't think it was just the kernel tho, as I have also been
playing around with other things (like setting up IPMasq with ipchains)
on my system. I don't know exactly which change killed it.

The problem is as such:

$ sudo mount -o port=3049,intr localhost:/null /crypt
mount: RPC: Timed out

This has always worked for me before (it's in an /etc/init.d/cfsd
script), but now, no joy :(

Any suggestions as to where I might start looking would be appreciated!

Cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,