RE: fetchmail problems

On 20-May-99 Matt Garman wrote:
> Also -- I'm running Exim, and have been for quite a while.  I did a
> little snooping on DejaNews, and folks usually say that sendmail needs
> to be running...  I don't have a sendmail process, but does exim
> create one anyway?

I am not running Sendmail, just Exim and fetchmail, but I use POP3 and not
IMAP.  If you are not running Exim from /etc/inetd.conf, you did edit your
/etc/init.d/exim script, right?

Yoi just need to comment out the "Exit 0" part and of course, comment out Exim
from inetd.conf.  It works for me, no Sendmail required.

--
Andrew