Upgraded mother board and now...

Hi,

I just upgraded my mother board from a K6-2/233 to a K6-3/400. same memory,
same
periferals. I have been booting from a ls120 with a rescue disk, One of the
reasons to
upgrade the mother board was to get a working floppy controller. Now using
the LS-120, the floppy or from cd trying to boot a rescue floppy or a boot
floppy, the boot process hangs when trying to setup the SCSI controller. The
controller is an Adaptec AHA-2940. message all look correct/normal until it
gets to Downloading sequencer code... 406 instructions downloaded
then the boot just stops. I've noticed this
before when I had a "bad" rescue disk. Good boots usually downloaded 407 or
413 instructuctions.  To work arround this I pulled  the scsi controller.
Now it boots OK but
I'd like to have my Jaz drive.

The second problem is that the mouse does not work. The setup looks fine
using XF86Setup but the mouse does not work in X. When I boot in console
mode, gpm dameon is running but I don't the mouse does not work there either.

Both of these devices work fine in NT.
My linux system is 2.0.34 or a Hamm system, 2 hard drives

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Harsh                           505-665-0485
DX-3  MSP940
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545