Re: Can one "fake" a Debian package?

>> "P" == Pollywog  <pollywog@shadypond.com> writes:

P> On 19-May-99 Martin Bialasinski wrote:
>>
>> If you don't --force anything and think about what you place into the
>> metaheaders, it will be all right.
>>

P> Thanks.  Since you are the package author, I feel relieved and will
P> try the package, noting the conditions you mentioned.

As long as you don't try something really stupid with the metaheaders,
it is fine. Actually I will make some meta packages for gnome using
equivs as the base.

For your case. You should do a controlfile with

Package: kde-local-deps
Provides: kde-libs

or whatever you have installed into /usr/local, and install the
generated package.

Ciao,
	martin