Re: Lprng and magicfilter

Hi.

> Hello all I have a question, I am I have a HP Laserjet 5M printer and
> I am trying to print a normal text file. It sends the job to the printer
> but it scrols to the right hand side of the page.  I can print a
> postscript file just fine. I tried using the magicfilter file file for
> laserjet but it still doesn't work. I have also went to the mailing list
> archweive for Lprng and I found some information, but my question is the

	I don't know what the M in the 5M stnds for. We have both  4L and a
5L, and both work fine with magicfilter. I mainly use it for postscript,
though. Have you checked the cti-ifhp package? I don't use it, but it should
help in this case.

	In any case, if what you describe is
	something
		like
			this
				that
					goes
						on and on [sorry :D]
you may want to read the Printing-HOWTO. Or reconfigure magicfilter to work
as a ljet4m. So, as root, try /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig. The program that
runs is self-explanatory...

--
Jose L Gomez Dans			PhD student
					Radar & Communications Group