Changing kernel on rescue-(install-) disk does not work

Hi there.

My SCSI controller is not supported by the kernel found on
standart rescue disk. So, I made a new kernel (2.2.5) that
works fine with my hardware and installed it on the rescue
disk as described in the installation notes.

I made a disk for HAMM and it works fine.

I made another disk for SLINK and it doesn't work! Pressing
ENTER at the boot prompt invoces the first dialog for
changing display color but then it hangs. It is possible to
start the second virtual console but I can't get further with
the installation process.

Any ideas? (Wrong kernel version, missing kernel support for ??)

Ralph