Re: WordPerfect can't open ~/.wprc/.wp8x.set

Try removing the file altogether (move it to a different
location or name).

I have had problems with other apps that got there configs
messed up and this technique worked.  No guarantees that it will
work this time though.

John.

Alec Smith wrote:

> Every time I try to start WordPerfect as a user, I get the error "Unable
> to open /home/sweetin/.wprc/.wp8x.set" The file is there, and is zero
> bytes long. However, I can start WordPerfect as root and it'll work just
> fine, with no errors during load. I tried copying root's .wp8x.set file to
> the user directory, changed its ownerships, and still no luck.
>
> Any idea what to try?
>
> Thanks,
> Alec
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Stevenson;John
tel;fax:+31 20 34 22 820
tel;work:+31 20 34 22 820
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.oa.nl
org:OA Europe
version:2.1
email;internet:John@oa.nl
title:Technical Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;Objective Alliance=0D=0AHoghilweg 14L;Amsterdam;Zoud Oust;1101 CD;Nederlands
x-mozilla-cpt:;-11328
fn:John  Stevenson
end:vcard