Re: Newbie problem

On Mon, 17 May 1999 Morgoth3@aol.com wrote:

> I have a Logitech Mouseman 3 button, on serial.

> Protocol "Mouseman"
> Device "/dev/mouse"

Have you tried Protocol "PS/2" and device Device "/dev/psaux"? i have the
same mouse and those are my settings.

At least i think it's the same mouse, it says "Serial-MousePort" on the
bottom but it plugs into a PS/2 port (round with 6 metal pins, near the
keybord port)

> >  5) Does your mouse work in console mode?  Is gpm installed?
>
> gpm is installed, but I don't know how to use it in console mode...i'm still
> a newbie :)

Once you have it working under X, make note of which device and protocol
it uses. Then run gpmconfig (as root)

You could also try using the autodetect feature of gpmconfig to find out
the protocol. i've had mixed results with that, but there's been a few
updates between then and now.

> I hope this helps you help me :)

i hope this helps you.